Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Zoundry Blog Editor VS Windows Live Writer

I have been using these 2 blog editor side by side for quite some times. Well, to be fair, I have been using Zoundry longer than WLW.

Well since that WLW is still in Beta version, some bugs might appear and tweaking needed. I have to say that I really love the WLW WYSIWYG approach to the blog editor. It even loaded the weblog style into the program so that you can directly get the "feel" of how your posts will look like directly from the program even withot the internet conection.

Zoundry on the other hand can't really support the weblog style from Blogger.com, so you will need to load it up to your blog and view your blog in order to see the real result. And oh man, I am so frustrated to Zoundry as it always put double spacing for everyparagraph, making the spacing too large for my liking.

WLW doesn't have this problem but it do has its own image displaying problem. Whenever you upload the photos using the WLW, it always auto resize the original files in the file server, thus making the photos really blur. I've submitted the bug report to microsoft and one of the correspondents from Microsoft did suggest A workaround-- to use the weblog style for image bording, which in fact iprove the situation. They reliase the problem as well... Well, mind you that this is not the first time I have reported the "SAME" problem to them.

Now I will stick to WLW as it really support blogger.com blog seeminglessly and GUI interface extremely user friendly, and that I have a workaround for the image problem; WLW is sure to stay in my HDD for a long time...

0 comments:

wedding chocolates
Free Domain Name Service
Total Visitor Since 01/01/2010